Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Smoke for My Dad


A smoke for my Dad, originally uploaded by marrngtn (Manuel).

My dad said his goodbye's today. His condition hasn't changed much. Not sure whats happening with his spirit but. he said he has made peace with the Alpha and the Omega.

He had all of his children by his side tonight. Before arriving at the hospital I stopped by the Basilica and prayed, lit a candle and got some holy water.

Before leaving the hospital I anointed his head and chest with the holy water. We joined hand in hand and prayed around his bed. My eldest sister and eldest brother lead us in prayer.

After we prayed he insisted that we anoint our hands with the water. He sent us on our way, not wanting anyone to stay with him.

My dad is not only my dad but somewhere along the way we became best friends, sharing life trials, tribulations and happiness. We talked about anything and everything openly and honestly.

So tonight pop, I smoked for you. I know you are "Jones'n" for a smoke. I had a drink from the bottle of Bushmills Malt we shared our last drink from together.

We have had a great time together. If you have heard your call home go with peace.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments: